KING LIVING SINGAPORE Pte Ltd (UEN No. 201503463W)
"King Living" or "King Furniture" or "We"
Personal Data Protection POLICY
We recognize the importance of the personal data which you have entrusted to us. Our Personal Data Protection Policy explains how and when we collect, use, store and distribute personal data that we collect about you, whether in our stores, online or over the phone. King Living’s Personal Data Protection Policy is based on the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (the "PDPA", and its relevant legislation), as these may be amended from time to time.
When you engage King Living to:
• Provide you with any goods or services;
• Communicate with King Living by email, by telephone or in writing; or
• Use any of King Living’s other services, including our website, www.kingliving.com.sg (“Website”)
• And as updated from time to time, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information and credit card information in the manner described in this Personal Data Protection Policy.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
King Living will use and disclose your personal data for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may / will need to process your Personal Data, including:
• to communicate with you;
• to maintain and improve customer relationship;;
• to assess, process and provide products, services and/or facilities requested by you
• to establish your identity and background
• to respond promptly to your enquiries or complains and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us;
• to provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time;
• for direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
• to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns;
• to maintain and update internal record keeping;
• for internal administrative purposes;
• to conduct credit reference checks and establish your credit worthiness, where necessary, in providing you with the products, services and/or facilities;
• to administer and give effect to your commercial transactions with us;
• to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products, services and/or facilities;
• for audit, risk management and security purposes;
• for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us; and/or;
• for other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us, which we shall notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent, (collectively, the "Purposes").;
As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your Personal Data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your Personal Data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal data through your use of our Website and your visits to our stores. We may also collect information from third parties about you. Some of the information we collect is anonymous—and relates to general interaction with King Living. Some of the information we collect is "Personal Data" (as defined under the PDPA) which relates to you personally.
Personal Data we collect may include your:
(i) name, and contact details;
(ii) residential address, city, state, postcode, area code, gender, age, purchase history, income, and other details that will help us develop and stock products that might appeal to you; and
(iii) products from King Living (and third parties) you already own, model numbers, date and place of purchase.
Your communications with us, whether in store or online, including your responses to online forms, surveys or contest participation, any other information you supply in such communication may be retained by us to help us improve our business. Personal Data is stored and managed by us electronically and in hard copy.
If you provide personal data relating to a third party to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party is obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the third party’s personal data for the Purposes listed above.
To the extent permitted by law (including the PDPA), we will collect your Personal Data from you when you:
• Use our Website;
• Order goods and services from us;
• Ask for a quote or apply for finance;
• Contact us for further information;
• Participate in our promotions and online or in store surveys;
• Subscribe to our mailing list or otherwise submit information to us;
• Submit a job application or résumé; and
• Other methods from time to time.
To the full extent permitted by law (including the PDPA), King Living may disclose your Personal Data:
• For the primary purpose for which it was collected such as those described above in this Personal Data Protection Policy;
• Where you would reasonably expect this;
• Where you have consented;
• To the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
• For direct marketing by King Living, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing, as King Living includes an unsubscribe option in all marketing material. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our communications, please contact us at [email protected]
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DELIVERY ARRANGEMENTS
The following terms apply specifically where you place an order with us. In providing any of the personal information of a third person to us in accordance with this section, you confirm and acknowledge that you have received the consent of each person for whom you have provided details and that such person consents to being contacted by us for the purposes listed in this section.
1. When you place an order with us, you will provide the full name and contact details of the persons you nominate to have “Full Access” to your order, these are:
• the “Primary Contact” for the order;
• the “Secondary Contact” for the order, who we will contact if your Primary Contact is unable to be contacted; and
• any further persons who you nominate to have Full Access to your order.
2. A person who has “Full Access” to your order is entitled to:
• obtain information from us about about the number, types and colours of products comprising your order, and about the price of your order;
• obtain information from us regarding the date, time and location for delivery of your order; and
• arrange for the date, time and/or location for delivery to be changed.
3. A person who is nominated as the Secondary Contact or another person nominated by you to have Full Access may provide us with the contact details of a further person who can be contacted to confirm the date, time and location for delivery of your order, if they will be unavailable to accept delivery, and this further person will be treated as a Delivery Contact.
4. When you place an order with us you may also provide the full name and contact details of a “Delivery Contact”. The Delivery Contact will only be contacted by us to confirm the date, time and location for delivery of your order. The Delivery Contact will not be provided with any of your Personal Information or any other information relating to your order, other than your name and order number, and cannot:
• request information from us relating to your order, other than the date, time and location for delivery;
• make any payments to King Living on your behalf;
• change any of the order details, including the products comprising the order; or
• change the date, time or location for delivery of your order.
5. If you are a designer, you may nominate either:
• the recipient of the order;
• a Secondary Contact; or
• further persons nominated by you, as a Delivery Contact and we will only contact them to confirm the date, time and location for delivery. We will not contact any of these persons without first obtaining your consent. Any recipient, Secondary Contact or further nominated person will not be:
• able to change the date, time and/or address for delivery, unless you first provide us with your consent;
• able to change any other details of the order;
• provided with any of your Personal Information; and
• provided with any information about the order, such as the price or products, apart from the date, time and address for delivery.
6. If you are making your order through a corporate entity , we will obtain the details of your authorised officer to be your Primary Contact when you place your order.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
King Living also allows you to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to the Personal Data Protection Officer, who will make available to you a withdrawal request form. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal, which includes our inability to continue the business relationship with you.
COLLECTION AND USE OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
King Living does not collect any financial information. Please note that where you apply for financing of your King Living products, you will be directed to a third-party provider who will manage your financial information. King Living takes no responsibility for your disclosure of financial information or management of such financial information. As a part of your use of a credit card to make a purchase, King Living will collect credit card information as a part of the King Living purchase process. King Living may need to provide this information to a third party in order to process your payment. Any third parties that are granted access to your credit card information will only be granted such access to the extent needed to perform their functions. King Living warrants that it will use its best endeavours to ensure that all credit card information is stored securely.
OTHER INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, and most popular session times). We use this information to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click throughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No Personal Data is collected on these occasions.
HOLDING AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
King Living takes security of your information very seriously. King Living holds your Personal Data and credit card information in physical form or in electronic form in our systems or the systems of service providers. We protect your Personal Data and credit card information from any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification and/or disposal by restricting access to the information in the electronic format by appropriate physical and communications security measures, such as encrypted rights of access. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your information by third parties who are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control. Any information is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
King Living will put in place measures such that your information which is in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which such information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such information, and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
From time to time we include links to third party websites on our website, which includes a third party provider of finance for your purchase of King Living products. These links are published by us solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you will immediately leave our Website and we are not responsible for your use of any third party website.
King Living is not responsible for any of these third party websites, their content or their usage of your Personal Data. We advise that you check the personal data protection policies on those websites.
CLICK STREAM DATA
Each time you visit our website, our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server's IP address. King Living may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, and most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our web site performance.
COOKIES AND WEB USE TOOLS
as cookies to recognise you each time you visit our website, as well as to track which pages are visited and what you look at on our site. A “Cookie” is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our website. The Cookie is stored on your device, but does not identify you or give us any information about your device.
DEALING WITH UNSOLICITED INFORMATION
King Living takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information that it could not have collected by other legitimate means is destroyed or de-identified immediately.
ANONYMITY WHEN DEALING WITH KING LIVING
Where it is practicable, and only to that extent, King Living allows you the option to remain anonymous when dealing with us.
ACCURACY AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION
King Living takes reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data and credit card information is accurate, complete, up-to-date and not misleading by updating its records whenever true and correct changes to the information come to our attention.
If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete, not current or misleading, you can request that we update this information by contacting the Personal Data Protection Officer on the contact details provided below. However, we will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data arising from your failure to update us of any changes in your Personal Data.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND CREDIT INFORMATION
King Living acknowledges that you have a general right of access to Personal Data and credit card information concerning you and to have inaccurate information corrected. Please contact the Personal Data Protection Officer using the details provided below to contact us for these purposes and we will respond promptly to your request. If access is refused to your Personal Data or credit card information, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable.
Depending on the scope and nature of the work required to process your request to access your Personal Data and credit card information, we may be required to impose a fee to recover our administrative costs.
KING LIVING EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND POSITION APPLICANTS
Additional Personal Data protection terms may apply to King Living employees, contractors, service providers and job applicants. We confirm that those further terms will be set out in the respective employment or service contracts. This Personal Data Protection Policy does not apply in relation to acts and practices of King Living which relate directly to employee records of present and former employees of King Living.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we reserve the right to revise this Personal Data Protection Policy from time to time at our absolute discretion. We will publish all updates to our Personal Data Protection Policy on our website at www.kingliving.com.sg and all updates become effective when published on our website. You are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
If you have any questions or concerns about this Personal Date Protection Policy, or how we collect, manage and store your data or if you would like a hard copy of this policy, please contact the King Living Personal Data Protection Officer at:
King Living Singapore Pte Ltd
22 Kallang Avenue
#01-00 Hong Aik Building
If you are concerned with the way King Living handled your Personal Data or credit card information, please contact the Personal Data Protection Officer.
We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 7 days of you making your complaint. It is our policy to investigate and resolve all complaints (where practicable) within 30 days of receiving the complaint. In the event we need more time to investigate and resolve your complaint, we will notify you as to the reasons why and endeavor to do so as soon as possible.